The Government of Saint Lucia has announced the Implementation of Heightened Protocol and Social Distancing Regime with measures that come into effect from Monday, March 23 to Sunday, April 5, 2020.
ESSENTIAL SERVICES WHICH WILL CONTINUE INCLUDE:
* Emergency Services: Fire, police as well as private security services.
* Border control: Saint Lucia will strengthen, tighten and escalate port health protocols as part of its heightened protocols.
* Utilities (Wasco, Lucelec, telecoms),
* Sanitation collection and disposal,
* Supermarkets/minimarts/shops, bakeries, and pharmacies,
* Petrol/gas stations,
* Air and seaports operations (to facilitate cargo handling and US flights if they are still flying, to allow for the return of nationals)
* Limited public transportation services,
* Limited banking services,
* Trucking services related to movement and delivery of essential supplies and the food chain.
* Restaurants and fast food services only those who do take away/take out, delivery or drive through capabilities will be allowed to open
* News and broadcast services
* Manufacturing activities related to the production of food, water, and products of personal hygiene
* Providers of cleaning services
PLEASE NOTE: Those operations and businesses that can continue delivery of services under a working-from-home environment are encouraged to do so. Businesses that cannot operate with work-from-home will shut down for the stipulated time period.