Former Toronto City Council candidate sends ‘get well message’ ‘ to rival but with ‘friendly warning’


Michael Ford and Michelle Garcia

Political activist Michelle Garcia,  one of  nine  candidates who ran against Michael Ford in the last  election for Toronto City Council, has sent a “get well” message to Ford who tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this month.

Garcia also had a ‘friendly warning ” for Ford.

She said while  she hopes that he recovers from the virus attack, she wants him to know that she is ready for the next city council election, whenever it is called, and  is serving notice that the upcoming race it will not be an easy fight for him  – if he chooses to run

Michael Ford, the nephew of Ontario Premier Doug Ford, was discharged from the Humber River Hospital on Friday and is reported to be now ” at home self-isolatiing.”

“While he is still experiencing some symptoms consistent with COVID-19, he continues to feel well and is in good spirits overall,” a statement  from his office said.

Garcia  told The Caribbean Camera that while many people still say Etobicoke is Ford’s contry,” it is also Garcia’s country.

‘” I am a longtime resident of Etobicoke and I am encourged by the growing support of people in my area who keep asking me to run against Michael Ford in the next city council election,” she told The Caribbean Camera.

“I can’t let  these people down. I am ready,” she declared.

#MichaelFord#Michelle Garcia#CaribbeanPolitians

 

 

 

5 1 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

1 Comment
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments