On August 14, 2021, Haiti was battered by a second powerful earthquake in just over a decade. Still recovering from the devastating effects of the 2010 tragedy and already in political turmoil, the country was ill-prepared for another natural disaster. As of August 19, 2,200 people were killed, 332 people missing, 12,000 injured, 600,000 displaced or homeless.
Pierspective Entraide Humanitaire, a non-profit, registered Canadian Charity #86450 5068 PR001, working in partnership with charitable organizations in Haiti has undertaken a fundraising initiative to help the people of Haiti. All donations to Pierspective will be funneled directly to the Haitian organizations best positioned to support the earthquake victims.
Funds will be distributed by our partners in this initiative as follows:
– Jericho Mobile – Clinics providing desperately needed medical treatment in Pestel
– KODESPA – (Kombit Development AK Education Pep Aysien), association of small farmers in Toirac, Camp Perin who lost their homes and a primary school
– Fondation Sylvenie Lindor – The funds raised by this organization will be used to purchase non-perishable food items, hygiene kits, medical supplies, educational supplies in Jeremie.
Donations of $25 or more will receive a tax receipt issued by Pierspective (PEH).
When donating please specify Haiti Earthquake Relief and use one of the following options:
– through the website: https.//peh-haiti.org/donate
– or mail cheques mailed to: Pierspective Entraide Humanitaire, 26 Cotswold Crescent, Toronto M2P 1M9
-E-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Direct deposit into TD Canada Trust Account # 10962 004 0510 5203333
For further information contact: Helen Pierre – 416-221-9197 or Antoine Derose – 416-209-1957